Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Best Time of Year

Football season is my Christmas. Once the first high school game starts all other sports disappear from my mind. This weekend is week seven for my school, week five for college, and week four for the NFL. There are going to be some big games for my teams this week.

First off, my high school is currently 5-0 (2-0 in conference), this week is our third conference game. This is a big game for us. We have never had a start better than 2-0 considering we are a very young school. We have already had a huge overtime win and a shut out. The only things left are to go undefeated and make it to play offs for the second time ever and to win best student section.

The second thing is my Longhorns. They are currently 3-1; they had a tough loss against UCLA last weekend. However, this weekend we can hopefully redeem ourselves and get a huge win over Oklahoma in the Red River Rivalry. We need to win this to stay in the rankings and get our first conference win for the season.

Lastly, my two NFL teams are not doing as well as I would have hoped. The Cowboys only have one win, and the Browns have no wins. I was expecting this from the Browns, but definitely not from the Cowboys. My brother is a Redskins fan and has been giving me tons of crap because of Dallas' loss to the Skins. The Cowboys have a bye week this weekend, which is a blessing because of injuries such as Dez Bryant's wrist (and his outstanding dinner bill.) Cleveland plays the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday. Colt McCoy's former roommate, Jordan Shipley, plays for the Bengals, so that will be a good reunion to watch no matter who wins.

This will be a good weekend and hopefully all of my teams can pull out wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment