Monday, March 1, 2010

Olympic Closing Ceremony

While watching SportsNation today I saw some clips from the closing ceremony of the 2010 Olympic Games. I am pretty sure they made me laugh harder than I ever had before. I got on NBC’s website and watched some more highlights of it. I just want to know what the Canadians were thinking. So, it started out with a clown plugging in something which brought up a huge ice torch thingy; the torches were then lit. After that there was a lot of group singing with lots of people dressed in white. Then there seemed to be some opera singing which made my head hurt. The most entertaining singing was from Michael Buble. He dressed as a Canadian Royal Mounted Police officer and had 4 girls dressed as them also. The outfit was ripped off and he performed; what I saw of his performance was very good. After that was when I started laughing. First there was a huge group of dancing Canadian Police officers. They were very out of sync and they looked goofy; personally they reminded me of an elf-yourself. The next events were very extravagant and unnecessary. To start them off they had a group of big cutouts of hockey players. Then all at once they had big walking canoes, giant inflatable beavers and moose, and I think the dancing maple leaves happened at this time too. I then saw a group of hip hop dancers dressed in neon doing a silly dance. To finish it off they had fireworks outside the closed dome which were very pretty, but no one inside could see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment